Monday, May 30, 2011

Upgrade Facebook Chat with Emoinstaller


Over the past few years, my list of Facebook friends has grown exponentially. People I went to high school with, people I met in college, people I made friends with during my summer abroad, they all seem to be getting on Facebook and running into me. I am not complaining about that. However, until recently, I was doing some complaining about one aspect of it, which was how boring it was chatting from within the Facebook built-in chat.

Until recently, my Facebook chat box was just white and blue with black text. Nothing fancy, it felt so bland! So I did some searching online and what I came across blew me away. A new, free tool was available opening up a whole new world of Facebook chatting. Facebook smileys could now be used freely within chats. Different themes, different kinds. Animated and still image in different sizes, I have been having a blast with all of them ever since.
That having been said, let me touch on some a couple of the key features of Emoinstaller that I think make it a must-have Facebook smiley application.
First off, it is an absolute breeze to download and install. It literally took me all of 2 minutes before I was chatting with access to almost a thousand great new smileys and finally able to express myself with some flair within Facebook chat. All that at the click of a button. You just have to go to their site and select the download option, then follow the on-screen instructions. You can use it in Chrome, Firefox, as well as Internet Explorer. At the moment, it doesn’t seem to be available for use with Safari, but that is about it.
That brings me to what I consider the most noteworthy feature, the smileys themselves. These are not just run-of-the-mill, simple, standard smileys. These are advanced, often animated, even high definition quality. As mentioned before, there are almost 1000 emoticons you can select from. With categories like Love,Summer TimeCool, and many more, you are essentially guaranteed to find that perfect smiley for the moment. No more dull chats, it is as simple as that.

Some programs that use smileys in them plaster them all over the place when you aren’t using them. That can get obnoxious and make you feel like getting rid of them altogether. Emoinstaller is not like that at all. When you aren’t going to use the smileys, they stay out of your hair, but are just a click away when you need them.
The only difference between your regular chat box and the chat box with Emoinstaller is there will be a little monkey button above the text entry box. Click that, and you have access to all of your nifty, new Facebook emoticons. Additionally, there are options on top which enable you to select between the different sizes. Your choices are small, medium, or large. On the left are all of the different themes available for each size. It could not be easier or more convenient.

One thing that I would love to see added to this application is phone support. I use Facebook on my phone all the time when I am out and about. I would love to have the ability to just touch the screen a few times and be able to put their collection of quality smileys to use. Sometimes typing on a cell phone can get frustrating, so being able to cut down on the words you have to use by selecting little animated emoticons to make your point for you would be an impressive feature. Even without the phone support, however, this is a must-have browser plug-in if you chat in Facebook with any regularity whatsoever, and like to express yourself with Facebook emoticons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2011-2012 Muhaimen. All rights reserved